Early deeds for West Liberty date to July 11, 1873 and July 12, 1911 for the property to be used, kept, maintained, and disposed of as a place for Public School, Burial Ground, and Divine Worship for the use of the ministry and membership of the Methodist Episcopal Church in the United States of America.
After the 1939 merger of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Methodist Protestant Church, and the Methodist Episcopal Church South to form the Methodist Church, West Liberty Methodist Episcopal Church became known as West Liberty Methodist Church.
After the 1968 merger of The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church to form The United Methodist Church, West Liberty became known as West Liberty United Methodist Church (U.M.C.).
West Liberty U.M.C. has long been a haven, a refuge, and a place of joy to those who worship within its walls. Please join us as we seek to know and reflect God’s love through commitment, outreach, and love.