We are a haven, a refuge, and a place of joy to those who worship within its walls. Join us as we seek to know and reflect God’s love through commitment, outreach, and love.
Early deeds for West Liberty date to July 11, 1873 and July 12, 1911 for the property to be used, kept, maintained, and disposed of as a place for Public School, Burial Ground, and Divine Worship for the use of the ministry and membership of the Methodist Episcopal Church in the United States of America.
After the 1939 merger of the Methodist Episcopal Church, Methodist Protestant Church, and the Methodist Episcopal Church South to form the Methodist Church, West Liberty Methodist Episcopal Church became known as West Liberty Methodist Church.
After the 1968 merger of The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church to form The United Methodist Church, West Liberty became known as West Liberty United Methodist Church (U.M.C.).
My Brother’s Keeper
Their mission is Feeding people, strengthening communities, and ending hunger for more Marylanders. The MD Food Bank depends on us and all its partners to reach the needs of the community. Please contact Precious Morrison (240-653-6937) to schedule an appointment.
We live out our ministry by:
- Providing care packages for folks that are homeless
- Preparing love baskets to the sick and shut in
- Prepare Thanksgiving baskets for families
- Adopt families for Christmas to help with wish list and other items needed
- Prepare Easter Baskets for our Sick and Shut In and our children
- Every 5th Sunday worship with Residents at Nursing Facility.